Posted to uk.d-i-y
Slomo Slomo is offline

Default An independent view on the referendum (maybe)

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , T i m
wrote:

[snip]

But I'm not 'not bothering', I will bother to attend my local polling
station, offer up my card, take my paper, go into the booth and write
'SPOILED' across it, so that if anyone does read it they will realise
that it was spoiled intentionally, I didn't just make a mistake (by
putting a cross in both or neither etc).

Doing this is useful feedback to the political class, actually. As is
the fact that voting is not compulsory, meaning that we get to see the
proportion of people who feel voting in one election or another is a
waste of time.

Westminster election turnout has dropped over the last couple of
decades. I take that to mean that people have - correctly - deduced
that our Parliament has become less relevant.

It's more likely to mean that most dont see that there is much
in it between the possible governments and that they dont
see that it would make much difference which is the government.

Hopefully that will reverse once we leave the EU.

Bet it doesnt in the unlikely event that Britain does leave the EU.

Most just aren't that interested in politics while ever things are doing
fine and they are.