Posted to alt.home.repair
Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_16_] is offline

Default "hard start" on AC

On 6/8/2016 7:30 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, June 8, 2016 at 9:10:01 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello, I have a Rheem heat pump, model Rpnl-043jaz. The lights in my house all flicker every time it goes on....Will the hard start kit resolve this problem?

You could have too small a wire supplying power to your AC or there could be a bad connection. The only way to check it is to measure the current and voltage being supplied to your AC unit when it starts and while running. If you have an electronic thermostat, check the instructions or Google information on it and see if you can program it for a time delay known as "Anti Short Cycle". This will keep the compressor from starting until the pressure equalizes in the system and the compressor will draw the least amount of current when it starts. If you have an old mechanical thermostat, a timer can be installed in the control housing outside in the condensing unit for your AC system. If you're not handy with electrical devices, call a trustworthy HVAC guy to check out your AC unit. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Cool Monster

Does Uncle Monster use AC or DC on his anal vibrator?