Terry Pinnell

Default Is my freezer too warm?

"Sofie" wrote:

Terry Pinnell:
It sounds to me that your freezer is just fine and is working OK.......
...according to my GE troubleshooting manual...... freezer temperatures
between (-)13 C and (-) 23 C are to be expected...... and may vary outside
that range during the entire thermostat and refrigeration cycle. Anything
below. Your (-)17C measurement sounds just about right for an average
temperature.
(-) 23 C may be difficult to achieve with some freezers. If you want your
ice cream harder, put it near one of the bottom shelves toward the back.
Be certain to check the magnetic door seals for wear and damage and keep
them clean and also keep the area clean where they mate on the cabinet when
the door is closed.
Usually (-) 17.75 C or Zero F is the arbitrary standard for stand-alone
freezers...... refrigerator/freezer combination units may perform better or
worse than the above numbers depending on a lot of factors.
In your effort to make the freezer section colder be very careful that the
refrigerator section does not get too cold during the entire refrigeration
thermostat cycle.... usually never below 1.0 to 1.5 C or 33 to 35 F.....
remember, the bottom shelves may get colder than the top shelves. You don't
want to freeze your vegetables in the bottom bin.
Again.... it sounds like your freezer is operating OK..... if it is not
broken, don't fix it.

Many thanks, Daniel.

--
Terry Pinnell