Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default An independent view on the referendum (maybe)

On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 07:02:31 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

"T i m" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 8 Jun 2016 18:50:54 +0100, "Richard"
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message

snip

'The Only Thing Necessary for the Triumph of Evil is that Good Men Do
Nothing'

What a load of ********. Unless of course you mean for someone to step up
and kill some evil-doer.

I'm probably going to do something, I'm probably going to spoil my
paper as no one so far has said *anything* that I believe, believe
will make any difference (the vote will actually effect) and more
importantly, has convinced me beyond reasonable doubt (pretty
difficult with all the lies, BS and FUD being bandied about) that
deciding one way or the other is *the* right decision.

And whist we have joined and know what that brings (both good and
bad), don't know what leaving will mean as we haven't done so before.

Given no one has the facts (especially harry) very few can make what
could be the best decision for *everyone*, across all topics, with a
single Yes / No vote.

So, I'll just have to go along with whatever happens and just hope
that it's *is* the best for all of us, at least I won't be part of
making the wrong decision.

Cheers, T i m

Your choice.

Quite (thanks) and it is supposed to be a democratic process (one I
would like to retain, however broken) and part of that and in this
country right now is 'not bothering to even turn up is a legal right.

But I'm not 'not bothering', I will bother to attend my local polling
station, offer up my card, take my paper, go into the booth and write
'SPOILED' across it, so that if anyone does read it they will realise
that it was spoiled intentionally, I didn't just make a mistake (by
putting a cross in both or neither etc).

So, do I have no opinion on any of it? No of course I do but my
uneducated 'opinion' shouldn't be used to potentially negatively
impact England, the UK, Europe or the world.

Uneducated because I'm not interested? No, uneducated because like the
vast majority I'm not in possession of the *FACTS* and if I was, I'm
not sure I'm fully aware of the 'bigger picture' to then put those
facts into perspective.

So, I could ask my local councilor (that I didn't vote in for the same
reasons (I spoiled my paper)) to propose a change in the voting system
where you are obliged to answer correctly 10 simple political
questions and if you don't get them right you aren't allowed to vote
because you wouldn't have shown sufficient 'sills' in the subject
matter. Exactly the same way they hand out driving licences or nearly
any other indication that you are 'worthy' of such status.

Unfortunately, what you would get then is those with a particular
political motive or agenda making the decision without the vast
majority making their random mark diluting or impacting (with no valid
justification) the outcome.

I'll vote out because I'm old and don't like foreigners or change.

I'll vote in because I'm young and might want to work or travel freely
in Europe and appreciate that we need more young people working here
to pay the pensions of the locals.

But that's democracy for you. ;-)

Cheers, T i m