Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bluetoth headsets and version 4.1, stereo.

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 7:08:59 PM UTC-5, SBH wrote:
On 6/7/2016 10:32 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 at 8:56:17 AM UTC-5, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Monday, June 6, 2016 at 5:54:11 PM UTC-4, Micky wrote:
I've decided to get a bluetooth earpiece so I can look cool and get
girls. I'm still in the $30 dollar range until I see what sort of
girls I get. And a couple things confuse me.

Someone says a big difference between bluetooth 4 and 4.1. True?

Several say stereo but show no picture of anything for the second
ear!! Is there some 21st century stereo that only involves one ear?

http://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Bess...A2YVL6WHL0B2XF
The first review is for some other product. Maybe the Name of the
item is also for some other item? But many have stereo in then name.

http://www.amazon.com/Shareconn-Blue... CT2XA5SV7ZDAN

There's no reason, is there, for there to be a microphone stick on
both ears, so when they show left-eared and right-eared versions, I
assume that is to show that by rotating parts, it will fit either ear.
When it says "For both left ear and right ear" I assume that's Red
Chinese for EITHER ear. If they both had mikes, you could give one
of them to your friend and split the cost.

http://www.amazon.com/CSBROTHER-Blue... CT2XA5SV7ZDAN
This one, in picture 2, actually shows two of them, but the mike is on
the right in both cases meaning they're both for the right ear. Is
that a new kind of stereo? And why do they both need mikes?

There are lots more advertised.

I was in Microcenter and mentioned this to the clerk, and he seemed to
have an answer (I think he said there were 2 parts, but I want to see
this for myself). Then they were all locked up and I wasn't ready to
buy, so I said good-bye. Figured collectively you all know as much
as the clerk.

When winter comes, you'll want one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/Tenergy-Blueto.../dp/B00PMO4EA6

Phone, music (stereo!), warmth. :-)

I received one a gift last Christmas and I like it better than these.

http://www.amazon.com/Jabra-Wireless.../dp/B00DV9O0GC

Less dropout, both from phone connection and from my ears. Too bad the
beanie is too warm to wear all year round.

(Yes, there is no mic boom on either one, but I have never had a complaint
with others not hearing me when I use them for phone calls.)

Here's what I have. I've had them for more than a year and they work very well except for the fact that I have a fat head. The range is really good and the rechargeable battery lasts for quite a while and recharges off a USB port on my Chromebook. ^_^

http://www.amazon.com/SB220-Bluetoot.../dp/B00CBNG10C

http://tinyurl.com/zk9o4z6

[8~{} Uncle Headphone Monster

I have been using these for several years. They still work great.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...C&Q=&A=details

That looks like a great headset but I can't tolerate headsets that stick in my ears. It drives me nuts. o_O

[8~{} Uncle Ear Monster