Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Freehold

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 8 June 2016 10:12:30 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 7 June 2016 11:46:20 UTC+1, tim... wrote:

so you take it to the tribunal (for which you pay).

yes you pay either way, we came to an agreement.
My surveyor change an extra grand for his 6 hours of negotiations to
get
it down from 57K (leaseholders calculation) to 36K

and then when they have come up with their value that IS the
maximum
value
that the FH can charge for the selling/extending the lease (today).

But getting a figure for that maximum value requires a lot of work
and
expense by the purchaser.

which was already done an he came to 57K and his fee was £900 for
that.

There is not a simple finger in the air value for it (which was the
point
at
issue).

Yes although I don;t know why it can;t be simplier other than for
profit
reasons.

You were lucky that the FH accepted your surveyor's opinion

I doubt it was luck but can't be sure.

A friend has gone through a similar proces, his flat is smaller and his
was 29k.

My surveyor 'calculated' the range between 26K and 58k so was very
suprised they went for a 57K . Their surveyor also said I had a study,
which I haven't.

sorry doesn't make sense.

Really ... what so complicated.

"My surveyor 'calculated' the range between 26K and 58k so was very
surprised they went for a 57K "

who is "they"

what do you mean by "went for"?

tim