Posted to alt.home.repair
John Albert John Albert is offline

Default (OT) Need keyboard & mouse for old Apple G3 computer

On 6/7/16 3:17 PM, wrote:
I dont have any USB keyboards or mice, so I will have to buy something.
But I'm not going to spend a lot, since this computer is old (1999). But
I'd still like to play around with it.

Seems to me if the g3 has USB ports, you can use a USB keyboard and mouse.

Any USB keyboard should work, be aware that the keys on the bottom (to
the left and right of the space bar) will have different functions than
as they work with Windows.

If you get the right USB keyboard, it will have additional USB ports on
it into which you can plug a USB [wired] mouse.

Any wired USB mouse should work as well. You'll have to set up "the
right button" in the Mac's control panel.

OS9 is the old "Classic" Mac OS.
Not sure if the g3 you have will run OS X, and even if it can, it will
only be an older version of "X" that will run on it.

Does it have an Ethernet port in back?
You can probably get it online without too much trouble.

I'm not sure how well the now-obsolete Classic Mac browsers will work
with today's internet.

Newsgroup reading should be fine, think I used Netscape for it back then.

A site that may be of use to you:
http://lowendmac.com/