Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gas Meter Safety Check

On 08/06/16 14:58, dennis@home wrote:
On 08/06/2016 08:28, Nick Odell wrote:
The energy company want to undertake a safety check of my gas meter. No
objection to that, obviously. But given previous communications I think
they intend to "fail" it anyway and replace it with a smart meter which,
for my own reasons, I do not want and which they know I do not want.

Could someone direct me towards information on what parameters are going
to be put under test where I can find out the pass and fail values
before the inspection takes place?

Thanks,

Nick

I think they are obliged to inspect it for leaks and other safety issues
every couple of years.
They will also look for tampering.

They can't force you to have a smart meter.

...yet...

As usual with any stupid idea, the EU is at the heart of it all

https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/topic...ids-and-meters