Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris French Chris French is offline

Default RGBW LED strip lighting - any good makes?

Chris French Wrote in message:
Tim Watts Wrote in message:
As we're doing the dormer now, I rather fancy some LED strip lights, set
in the extruded ali channel you can get for them.

Probably use them as the main lights - 2 strips in each half of the
ceiling at 1/4 and 3/4 spacing. At 1000lm/m they kick out more than
enough light and the RGB option is kinda cool.

Been looking at these:

https://www.led-lighthouse.co.uk/led...ip-controllers

But has anyone had any good or bad experiences with any particular
brands? Ditto controllers? Those custom controllers on the same page
look pretty natural to operate and I like that the system is 24V rather
than 5V or 12V (less volt drop on the cabling).

I put some in a couple of alcoves in the youngest daughter's
bedroom about I got the LED strip from an eBay seller, been fine
so far, except one LED has got stuck on one colour, but it's not
noticeable.

I used this RF controller, bought from LedHut, but I've seen the
same looking thing sold in various places for different prices.
This has failed though (receiver or remote I know not) Par for
the course with cheapish electronic stuff nowadays. But as a
controller it worked fine.

But it was for the kids room, didn't want to spend to much.

Sorry, missed out link

https://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-strip-l...ntroller-with-
colour-dial.html
Chris French