Posted to uk.d-i-y
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Apprentice lost in London

On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 20:38:22 +0100, Capitol wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In ,
wrote:

wrote in message

On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 18:22:01 +0100, ARW wrote:

last I heard he was in Battersea at 5.30pm after leaving Dartford 2
hours earlier.

He's not doing too badly, then.

About an hour and half tops using the M25.

I take it he was using a satnav? They do tend to take you the shortest
route. And through London isn't going to be the quickest way, especially
if blindly following a satnav.

Agreed. I bought a new cheapo 7 inch satnav recently as the
Tomtom clapped out. It is much better at routing than either Tomtom or
her Garmin as it avoids the back lanes and sticks to reasonably main
routes. It's also much easier to read.

TomTom charged me £60 to update the maps. I'm not buying a Tomtom again.

--
Gary's weather forecasting stone:
Stone is wet Rain