Posted to alt.home.repair
James Wilkinson James Wilkinson is offline

Default Where should smoking be illegal?

On Tue, 07 Jun 2016 19:30:10 +0100, Bod wrote:

On 07/06/2016 18:43, Mark Lloyd wrote:
On 06/05/2016 07:42 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

[snip]

And why do you believe you have the right to say what's right for
SOMEONE ELSE'S child? Smacking doesn't harm, it instils DISCIPLINE,
something nobody has any more.

[snip]

"Discipline" involves respect, NOT beating.

Indeed, we never smacked our kids and they are very respectful and kind,
also very polite. You can't force respect, that has to be earned.

Of course you can, you just chose to use a different method. I know plenty people who were brought up with smacking, and they turned out fine. I also know plenty people who always ignored respect etc, and would only have responded to smacks. Since they didn't get any, they turned into useless layabouts.