Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Securing a charity collection box (safeish neighbourhood)

On 6/7/2016 2:56 PM, David wrote:
Part of my ongoing clear out plan includes putting items out the front by
the pavement and asking for contributions to a charity. I have a plastic
collecting tin with a "wasp waist" 2/3 down.

To make an attempt to secure it (recognising that someone with a decent
knife could just cut the bottom off) I thought I would fix some angle iron
to the front wall, then fasten the box to the angle iron. The angle iron
could also support a poster explaining what is going on.

I do have a length of chain and a padlock but this is fairly hefty and
over the top.

Anyone have an idea for an unobtrusive fixing which is secure but easily
released - some kind of chain or band to go around the narrow bit of the
plastic box?

Cheers

Dave R

Jubilee clip? Maybe with extra obstruction screwed over the screw?