Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 06/06/2016 09:55, DJC wrote:

I have that and have given up using it. To set the speed you first have
to be travelling at that speed, so rather useless unless you have a nice
straight steady, uncluttered bit of road in which to fiddle with the
setting. Useless if limits are always changing. It needs a simple
dial/switch to select 20/30/40/50/70

That would only be useful if it had an accurate way of measuring speed.
If it uses the car's speedometer it will always control to a lower speed
than you want.

On my Volvo, you have to drive manually to the required speed (which I
measure with a GPS) and then press Set - but there are also up and down
buttons for fine tuning, and a Resume button to go back to the set speed
if you've had to drop out of CC for any reason.

That works perfectly well as far as I'm concerned - except that I
*would* like the constant distance option which later models have.
--
Cheers,
Roger