Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 08:28:53 +0000, Jethro_uk wrote:

On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 08:28:54 +0100, tim... wrote:

"Mike Barnes" wrote in message
Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

News a écrit :
I used my last car for 18 years, and very, very rarely used the
cruise control. This car, owned for a year, I haven't bothered
finding out how the cruise control works.

I'm on my fourth car with cruise and each I used extensively. No
point in having a driving aid fitted, if you don't use it. I took
time to learn how all the gadgets on my car work.

The satnav, the auto wipers, the auto seat, the reverse sensors,
auto climate and so on. Even how it constantly checks the caravan's
lights are all working and puts a brake light on half power as a
substitute when a tail bulb fails.

Auto climate is a pain in the arse.

No, *some* auto climates are a pain in the arse for *some* people.
(The same goes for auto just-about-anything.)

I'm on my third car with auto climate, lights,

auto lights eh!

does it somehow know that you are in a county that requires daylight
running and automatically turn them on for you?

tim

Are DRL separate to side/dipped/main beam lights ?

Yes. My car has them (LED). It also has auto lights, which:
1) Come on when it's dark enough (FSVO dark)
2) Auto-dip