Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 06/06/16 09:34, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 13:56:53 +0100, Harry Bloomfield wrote:

The one feature missing from limiters and cruise controls is ease of
selection of the speed you want - pressing a button when you are doing
the speed you want, just doesn't hack it for me. An array of buttons
marked 20, 30, 40, 50 and etc.. would be much better.

Which the Citroen I have has - and is pants.

I can't for the life of me think why they didn't make it like the cruise
control where you get to desired speed, hit "set" and forget. It's a real
PITA on these 30/40/30/40/30/40-in-one-mile roads you have nowdays. In
fact on such roads now, I just leave it at 30. Half the time you can't go
over 30 anyway (because the traffic ahead is behind cars already in the
next 30 stretch) and the other half by the time a car has decided to
overtake you, you've entered a 30 again.

I have that and have given up using it. To set the speed you first have
to be travelling at that speed, so rather useless unless you have a nice
straight steady, uncluttered bit of road in which to fiddle with the
setting. Useless if limits are always changing. It needs a simple
dial/switch to select 20/30/40/50/70

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.