Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT - Car Specifications

On Mon, 06 Jun 2016 00:36:36 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

I might at this moment have a cabtemp of 17. If I move the setting to
22, I get air at 900C until the *cabin* reaches 22. Conversely, if I at
this moment the cabtemp is 27 and I want air at 22, what I actually get
is air at -273C until the cabin reaches 22.

LOL (and I actually did for the first time in a long time).

What you are describing there is a digital engineers idea of a
solution, not necessarily what everyone wants (especially you).

A dead loss and I'm fed up
with it.

It sounds exactly the same scenario as HID headlights. Nice in theory,
especially when you are sitting behind them driving down an unlit road
(at night g) but not so nice for *anyone* who gets swept with them
whilst waiting to get onto a roundabout (or worse, when someone has
pulled up on the wrong side of the road and left their headlights on).

Maybe they will be fine (required even) when cars are driving
themselves (at night) but then I'll be able to shut my eyes and have a
nap. ;-)

As an aside, anyone with tinnitus like mine will easily understand the
human temperature scenario thing above. Because I have tinnitus I like
some background 'noise' to help mask it (TV, radio, white noise in
bed). Too much noise (duration and / or volume) and my tinnitus level
increases so it would be very difficult for any automatic system to
manage that.

Cheers, T i m