Daniele - Skrauso

Default JVC vintage videorecorder

First, make sure the two tape loading arms are completely unloaded, so
that the tape unload switch being activated by the loading gear
underneath is pressed.

[...]

I checked what happens when the tape is inside: the switch is pressed (if it
wasn't nor ffwd or rew would work.. tested). But when the tape is inside I
cant hear or see any solenoid working. In the whole machine I found 2
solenoids: one commands every automatic stop and works perfectly. I never
saw the other working: surely it's related with play.. if I move by hand the
levers I see another lever with a head upon it getting closer to the tape
location. On the other hand rec buttons are never enabled.
The strange thing is this: even trying to move any lever inside the videorec
by hand, I wasn't able to enable play button...
Another thing: there are two arms that should take the tape film near the
reading head. I still didn't discover what moves them.

solenoid is not doing its job. It may be weak, a common fault, or the
driver transistor for the solenoid may be open, another common
failure

well... if the solenoid is gone... I think it's a problem. I should get some
copper wire and rebuild the windings inside it (but will it work??!?).
The transistor.. maybe that's a problem too without the schematic of that
monster.
Anyway... if you have experience.. you could tell me someting about the
voltage driving the solenoid.
It has 4 wires upon it: red, orange, yellow and brown.

or crud has got in the well freezing up the solenoid bolt,
not a common problem. I had the manual for this machine somewhere.
I'll try to find it.

I would exclude the crud.. it's really clean inside.
Also the manual would be a great step forward!!

Bye
Daniele

P.S.
Would you continue this topic by email?
you can write me : skrauso (at) infinito . it

--

http://tastiere.altervista.org - THE resource for Synthesizers !
Free patches and sounds