Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 05/06/16 15:32, Tim Streater wrote:
In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

Tim Streater a écrit :
In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

News a écrit :
I used my last car for 18 years, and very, very rarely used the
cruise control. This car, owned for a year, I haven't bothered
finding out how the cruise control works.

I'm on my fourth car with cruise and each I used extensively. No
point in having a driving aid fitted, if you don't use it. I took
time to learn how all the gadgets on my car work.

The satnav, the auto wipers, the auto seat, the reverse sensors,
auto climate and so on. Even how it constantly checks the caravan's
lights are all working and puts a brake light on half power as a
substitute when a tail bulb fails.

Auto climate is a pain in the arse.

No, it is great. I can just leave it to get on with it. I dislike
manual control, I would be constantly having to retrim it as the
outdoor ambient changed.

No, it's a pain in the arse, at least as implemented in my C4. I don't
give a monkey's about whether the temperature I want is 22C or
whatever. When I get in the car, if I'm cold I want to get hot ASAP, so
I set temp to max. Once I'm warm enough, air at a somewhat lower temp
is what I want. So I turn the temp down from, say 27 to say 22. But
what actually happens is that instead of getting air at 22 I get air
*much* colder than that, because the car thinks I want the entire
ambient temp to get to 22 ASAP.

What I want is a simple slider or dial, such that I get air out of it
at a temp that exactly relates to the dial/slider position.

Its the wife and thermostat problem.

In my Jag I left it on 19C in the summer and 21C in the winter. It would
blast hot or cold air at me till it got there.

But it had proper (Indian?) software in it, not froggy crap.