Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davey Davey is offline

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 5 Jun 2016 11:53:39 GMT
Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 10:21:09 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 05/06/16 09:10, DerbyBorn wrote:
Bob Eager wrote in
:

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 21:15:15 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Bull****. Its fantastic for knowing you are not exceeding stupid
lefty**** speed limits. set it to the limit, and engage it
until you need to slow down : 30, 40 , 50 , 60, 79. It works
for all of them so you don't need to keep looking at the
speedo, but can actually watch out for more hazards than just
speed cameras.

It's OK, but an automatic speed limiter is better.

If I'm in one of those areas with constantly changing speed
limits (and cameras) I just engage the limiter and let it sort
it all out.

In practice, I do know what the limit is all the time, but it
protects me against a mistake.

Many Cruise Controls have a "Speed Limiter" Setting.

Mine doesn't. Wish it did.

I'm uneasy about the idea of a speed limiter when, in an emergency,
I might want to exceed any limit I'd set, without the faff of
disabling the limiter.

There's a kick-down override.

My Renault doesn't even need a kickdown, just a sufficiently heavy
pressure on the pedal. When you're done, resume limited speed as before.

--
Davey.