Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 15:49:24 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

On 05/06/2016 12:58, Bob Eager wrote:
On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 11:46:16 +0100, Roger Mills wrote:

On 05/06/2016 08:24, Bob Eager wrote:

I'm one who only really uses them on motorways (or other long,
uneventful roads). The rest of the time I use the speed limiter, as
it's much less work.

What sort of device is the speed limiter, and how dos it work?

Mine works two ways.

1) Turn it on, and it sets to the current speed. Adjust it up or down
as required. The car won't go faster than the set limit (unless you do
kick-
down), but since it doesn't use the brakes, it can go over if (say) on
a hill descent - in that case it chimes and flashes.

2) Turn it on, and it obeys the current speed limit. You can set a
'margin'. This is done by use of the satnav, but primarily through
image recognition of speed limit signs.

Ta! [Ignore the questions in my previous post, which I wrote before
reading this.]

When in speed limiter mode, do you still need your foot on your throttle
- so that you control the speed (subject to the limit) - or does it work
without pressing the throttle, like a conventional cruise control?

You need your foot on the throttle. There is separate cruise control (and
no, I've not tried to see if you can combine them!)