Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Drill geometry and wobbly hole starts

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 20:25:22 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On 5 Jun 2016 02:10:22 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

On 2016-06-04, Jon Anderson wrote:
On 4/06/2016 9:44 PM, Jim Wilkins wrote:

Have you considered Greenlee punches?

Good tools, I have a few. But would only work in a few instances.

I've used one of these at a later job.
http://www.roperwhitney.com/bench-deep-throat.html

This is more what I want for the shop, but not having much luck finding
something equivalent down here. Have only found a couple models so far,
not up to the Roper Whitney level.

Given my choice, I would prefer one of the DiAcro turret
punches. you can set it up with something like a dozen punch/die pairs,
round, keyed, D-shape, double-D, square, hex -- whatever you're willing
to pay for. :-)

They can be found on Ebay easily enough.

Jon lives in a rural part of Australia, Gunner. The pickin' is a mite
sparse Down Under.

And standard 6-10 week shipping to Oz costs an arm, a leg, and your
left nut. Airmail? Send your wife and all daughters.

--
Energy and persistence alter all things.
--Benjamin Franklin