Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT - Car Specifications

On 5 Jun 2016 11:55:34 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jun 2016 10:39:00 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

“Because Ford’s Speed Limiter is not linked to the brakes and controls
speed by limiting acceleration, there are situations, for example when
descending steep hills, where the vehicle might exceed the maximum speed
set. If this happens a warning chime sounds and a light flashes in the
cluster display.”

Seem,s a very sensible way to organise a useful feature.

Unfortunately, its Ford.

Apart from maybe Toyota, the worst cars on the road otherwise.

Mine's a Ford. I'm quite happy to have 'worst cars' that have not failed
since 1997.

You, me and millions of others of course. ;-)

I had the Sierra Estate 23 years and it only let me down twice (cam
belt and a seized caliper) and neither cost much time or money to fix.
I only got rid of it because it was getting tatty (faded (red) paint
and cracked dash etc) and because I was given something 'newer'.

It's the only car I've ever really missed as it's the only car that's
ever done *all* I ever needed without an issue.

Massive long roof with real gutters for roofbars to carry boats, 16'
canoes and lengths of steel and timber. Plenty of (flat) room inside
to take all sorts of stuff, when camping, sailing or EV racing
(including the C5 as a 'pit bike' g). 2L Pinto (safe) engine with
little in the way of 'computers' that cost more than I've paid for
most cars to repair or replace. It towed all sorts of things, some of
which it probably shouldn't and the correct wheels were driven. ;-)

The (Ford Escort based) kitcar is nearly 40 years old and still going.
;-)

Daughter loves her Transit Connect and when she was a kid her trials
bike used to ride on the back of the Sierra. ;-)

But as a motorcyclist maybe I'm not so bothered about all the gimmicks
and expensive 'disposable' technology you find in cars these days.
shrug

Cheers, T i m