techforce

Default Power supplies are burning out

They have Overload Protection on the DC side to protect it against a Short
on a DC line.

Sounds like his AC power is Dirty on that outlet. Have seen alot of weird
stuff happen to PC Power Supplies when the Freq and voltage fluxuates on the
Input - say because of a Downed arcing power line somewhere. Smaller Cities
and remote villages dont have exorbidant Power Protection for their electric
power sources, basicly du to lack of funding....so this is becoming more
common since power Demand is greater then ever before - WORLDWIDE , because
of the Number of PC's and people using Electricity etc.

A Power Surge protector "MAY" help, but theres always the possibility
something may happen where it was not designed to see. A UPS wil definately
solve the problem, but the dirty power will probably take out the UPS sooner
or later....

"James Sweet" wrote in message

"jbr" wrote in message
m...
No 2 power supplies were the same. Here are the specifics of the ones
I used.

1st supply: L&C Technology Inc. LC-250ATX; believed to be original 2.5
years

2nd supply: No name wholesale (historically their parts are reliable)
- 350 Watt; lasted 6 days

3rd supply: QMAX LC-B300ATX; lasted 5 seconds but had been running for
2 weeks in a different machine.

FYI - The +5vsb light on my ATX power supply tester still lights when
hooked up to all three power supplies.

That's really weird, I thought almost all supplies had thermal shutdown.