Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT - Car Specifications

Tim Streater a écrit :
In article , Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

News a écrit :
I used my last car for 18 years, and very, very rarely used the cruise
control. This car, owned for a year, I haven't bothered finding out how
the cruise control works.

I'm on my fourth car with cruise and each I used extensively. No point in
having a driving aid fitted, if you don't use it. I took time to learn how
all the gadgets on my car work.

The satnav, the auto wipers, the auto seat, the reverse sensors, auto
climate and so on. Even how it constantly checks the caravan's lights are
all working and puts a brake light on half power as a substitute when a
tail bulb fails.

Auto climate is a pain in the arse.

No, it is great. I can just leave it to get on with it. I dislike
manual control, I would be constantly having to retrim it as the
outdoor ambient changed. Slightly better than basic manual, was a
Vauxall I had in the early 1970's, which had a temperature sensor in
the air outlet. It would adjust the coolant flow to the heater, to try
to control the air inlet temperature.