Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default OT - Car Specifications

"Roger Mills" wrote in message
On 04/06/2016 23:33, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
The Natural Philosopher a écrit :
Bull****. Its fantastic for knowing you are not exceeding stupid
lefty**** speed limits. set it to the limit, and engage it until you
need to slow down : 30, 40 , 50 , 60, 79. It works for all of them so
you don't need to keep looking at the speedo, but can actually watch
out for more hazards than just speed cameras.

I agree and that is what I also use it for, but most with cruise fitted,
will not use it for that purpose, in fact that sort of use is not
advised.

Why is that not advised? I suppose that since cruise control only works on
the throttle - and not on the brakes - there is some risk of exceeding the
set speed on a steep decline.

most of my experience with cruise is in the US with autos, and there the
cruise slows you down using engine braking when the car goes downhill