Greg W

Default Fixing wood to tiles without drilling

On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 11:03:05 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

I personally haven't found the air dry stuff as good as two pack glues
like epoxy or car body filler.

As long as the tiles are clean and degreased - and it may be worth
drilling a few holes JUST through the glaze to 'key' the glue - these
should boh work well. Car body filler is better IMHO in this application.

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of drilling 3-4 mil into the
tiles and putting some shallow grooves into the wood to provide a
better key. Never used car body filler but I've got some 2-part
resin-type stuff, so I'll give it a go and see what happens...

Greg