Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_3_] Jon Anderson[_3_] is offline

Default Drill geometry and wobbly hole starts

On 4/06/2016 3:29 PM, John B. wrote:

Carbine tipped hole saws? Amazon sells at least two versions.
The Lenox Carbide Single Drill Bit - Holesaw Tool Hole Cutter - 20mm
at US$9.50 seems likely to be satisfactory.

We have carbide tipped hole saws and they are used at times. But there's
only one other guy in the shop with machine shop experience.
Not to dis our guys, but most have only a vague notion of proper
speeds/feeds. Those hole saws are kinda fragile if not used properly...

Jon

---