Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Internet connected kitchen appliances

In article ,
polygonum wrote:
On 03/06/2016 13:07, Clive Page wrote:
On 02/06/2016 23:03, jim wrote:

why TF would anyone want an Internet connected washing machine or
oven?

So you could start them up while you were out, and have closes washed or
dinner cooked on your return? I know that a timeswitch is nearly as
good, but only if your return time is entirely predictable.

Is it really such a wonderful idea to put, for example, uncooked meat,
vegetables, water, etc., into an oven many hours ahead of cooking?

And how many meals can be made without some attention? I suppose if just
roasting a joint remote control of the oven could sometimes be used. But
if you're not sure when you will get home would you really cook that sort
of meal?

If you do want instant food when you get home at any time, use a slow
cooker. Many hours after cooked won't make any difference.

--
*Frustration is trying to find your glasses without your glasses.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.