James Sweet

Default 27" Magnavox blacks out, also auto channel select fails.

"Play4aBuck" wrote in message
I want to thank both of you, Jerry and James for your replies.

I was hoping for a few more players to chime in, but I guess either this

is
the same old story (problem) or maybe others have the same opinion, or

don't
care to post.

My sister has the same set, and it's still going strong. My set still has

good picture, until it blacks out, LOL!

I just hate the fact that it was working well, until I moved it and left

it
unplug. This leads me to think that it's something physical
(cracked/loose). I've blown off the dust with an airgun and inspected

every
solder point I could see, nothing obvious, I also pushed all the conectors
on tight.

Those are the best sort of problem though, they're the easiest to fix!