Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Internet connected kitchen appliances

On 03/06/2016 12:32, dennis@home wrote:
On 02/06/2016 23:58, John Rumm wrote:
On 02/06/2016 23:03, jim wrote:

why TF would anyone want an Internet connected washing machine or
oven?

So you can trigger the washing to complete soon before you arrive home,
giving it less chance to crease in the drum.

That would be the anti crease function on my washer, stops before the
final spin and you just press continue when you get back and its
finished in about ten minutes, no internet needed.

I was not suggesting they were good reasons ;-)

(in reality, they just create a larger attack surface to make it easier
for the bad guys / spooks to get their fingers into your home network!)

--
Cheers,

John.