Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Internet connected kitchen appliances

Brian Gaff wrote

Well, I suppose the cooker I can understand, but since most washing
machines these days lie about the time to the finish based on the load
weight etc, it would seem to be a bit pointless.

Not when you use the net connection to get
the load done when the power is cheapest.

Apparently other devices, such as toasters can be programmed via blue
tooth as well though I cannot say I've ever seen one. Assumedly you custom
set up heating for a given food and it then remembers it, but then what
is wrong with a knob with a pointer on it?

Doesn’t allow you to select what works for more than just basic
toast like crumpets, frozen bread, hamburger buns etc etc etc.

When its got a fancy control so that it gets it right every time,
doesn’t cost anymore to allow you to say what you are toasting
so there is no trial and error with the knob involved once you
have worked out what works best with each thing you toast.

jim k wrote

why TF would anyone want an Internet connected washing machine or oven?