Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default cutting in reverse (Now: Flymo mowers for hills)

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 6:54:41 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 6/1/2016 9:18 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Years ago I had a job that involved lots of conference calls with my
counterpart in Australia. He once mentioned that he had a Flymo mower
for mowing the sharp inclines on his property.

Flymo's are hover mowers. They are walk behinds, so you wouldn't use them
for long ditches, but he said that they were much safer than riding mowers
on steep areas.

http://www.flymo.com/uk/lawn-mowers/hover/

Maybe ten years ago, I noticed a friend of mine
was missing part of his toes. He was wearing open
sandals, so it wasn't too hard to notice. Warm
summer day. I asked how that happened. He was
mowing on a hill with a Flymo mower. He slipped
and fell, and one foot went under the machine.
Please do be careful.

Technical note: The apostrophe s is the posessive
form. Some thing belongs to the Flymo. Correct
usage examples might be "the dog's tail was wagging"
or "the car's horn sounded". Typing "Flymo's" leads
one to ask what belongs to the flymo? Correct usage
might be "Flymo's engine is two stroke." Or "Flymo's
blades tend to be made of hard steel." You really
leave us readers wondering when you use the posessive
form, but don't tell us what belongs to the Flymo.

So, what DOES belong to the flymo?

Part of your friend's toes.