Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Whining in my pipes

On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 5:23:18 PM UTC-4, Kurt V. Ullman wrote:
Got a whining in my pipes that only stops when I flush the toilet (any
of them) and starts back up when the tank is filled. One stopped for
awhile when I tapped the float. Google says to change out the innards of
the toilet. I would prefer not to.

Google said that? Google? I was not aware that Google is a plumbing service.

Does anyone know if just maybe
adjusting the float to get a little more or less water might stop it?

It goes away when I flush any toilet and I just adjusted the float
on the one nearest to my computer when I Googled it. Is this likely to
be one causing the problems even though it stops when I flush ANY toilet.

The flushing of any toilet changes the pressure in your plumbing system, lowering
It at every fixture. That could certainly stop the whining until the system is back
up to full pressure.

I suggest that you wait until you hear the whining and then turn off to fill valve to
each toilet one at a time until the whining starts. Since you are not changing the
pressure like you are when you flush, you should be able to isolate the problem.