Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 6:00:17 PM UTC-4, Doug Miller wrote:
FromTheRafters wrote in news:nikm9f$mae$1
@news.albasani.net:

trader_4 formulated on Tuesday :
2 - At a rate of 0 m/sec, how far does the object move in one minute?

D=RT

Undefined,

"Undefined"?? You have to be kidding. Do you really mean that you don't know, and can't
figure out, how far it moved? that in real life if an object is not moving then no matter how
much time elapses the distance it moves is ZERO?

+1

If something is not moving, the distance it moves is NOT "undefined". The distance it
moves is zero.

+1

because not moving (a rate R=D/T of zero) means the time it
takes to go *any* distance (even zero distance) is infinite - or you
divide by zero to avoid multiplying by infinity. Either way it is
undefined.

Absolute nonsense. If the rate R = D / T = 0, that does *not* mean that T is infinite. It means
that D = 0.

Our answer: 0 m/sec X 60 secs = 0 meters.

Your answer: That is undefined! It's dividing by zero! You can't
have a distance of zero!

Sorry Johnny, you fail.

Do I? Break it down and tell me how you arrived at your conclusion,
being careful not to divide by zero or multiply by infinity.

How much farther do you need it "broken down"? What part of 0 * 60 = 0 do you find
confusing?

No fair using calculus, because then you have non-zero values which
approach zero.

It's not necessary to use calculus. 0 * 60 = 0 is 4th-grade arithmetic.

Rafters doing calculus that would be something. He also said that
1 squared is sometimes equal to 2. I'm sure you'd like to see that
explained too.