Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
The Mighty Ant The Mighty Ant is offline

Default Night Vision Scope Camera

On Tue, 31 May 2016 14:11:11 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2016 20:30:07 -0700, Ruff wrote:

RogerNothing:

I looked up some FLIR info a while back and saw the major expense was the
lenses. I'm guessing the sensor array wouldn't work well with just a
pinhole for a lens?

Here's an impressive lens.
https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

It probably wouldn't be very good but
at least maybe you could locate some thermal variation.

So what? Just tell stories about how good it is. Like this.
"Kyle wrote in his memoir that he had 160 “confirmed kills” as a sniper,
a self-reported statistic."
https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-sniper-chris-kyle-lied-151100428.html

Yes...in some cases it IS a self reported stat. Carlos Hathcock had
93 "confirmed". That means that either it was witnessed or a body was
actually there when/where the shooter said it was and was investigated
(IE..data off the body was collected for intel etc). That being
said..Carlos himself stated he shot a heck of a lot more people than
was "confirmed". He estimated that he zapped around 300 but of that,
only 93 were "recorded"

I have some ..some experience in the matter, and oten shooting
someone, in a battle situation , the body simply didnt turn up as a
recorded kill to one individual, bcause there was no witness. I have
no idea if Kyle did or did not shoot 160 people, but in his AO..it
would have surprised me if it were any less. Shrug
BTDT.

Gunner

Of course you have had "experience in the matter". Tell us again about
your two (was it) combat tours in Vietnam back when you were, what?
Fifteen years old?

As for "how many", who knows? It probably depends on the guy's
honesty. Yours, of course register zero, and we all know that you are
some feeble "limp dick" that is fantasizing how he really is a big
swinger.

Or, as some say, "Walter Mitty".
--
and a good day to you Sir,