Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

Scott Lurndal expressed precisely :
Sam E writes:
On 05/31/2016 08:49 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

You really are the village idiot. Having no voltage drop and a voltage
drop of zero are the same thing. The equation can't produce words, it
produces a value of ZERO. YOU claimed that value had no meaning. THAT
is what's BS. It has meaning, it means the voltage drop is zero.
As I said many posts ago, it's like having 3 apples and taking 3 away.
Subtraction yields a number of zero. There are zero apples. It has
meaning. I could also say there are no apples. Or in your example of
distance traveled a result of zero means the distance traveled is
zero. I could state that as the object has not moved. Capiche?
No, of course not.

How about "What is the weight of 0 lead balls". 0 pounds (or 0 newtons
if you prefer, but that doesn't really change anything).

One can postulate conditions where 100 lead balls have a weight of (very
close to) zero.

Perhaps you meant mass?

Nice! Watch out though, E=MC^2 can take on all sorts of funny stuff
when it is just an equation where C can be set to zero and solved by
seventh graders.