Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Car CD player - anything I can clean besides the lens?

On Tue, 31 May 2016 22:20:00 +0100, "Ian Field"
wrote:

You can get a lens cleaning disk with a small tuft of brush on it that wipes
the lens as it goes round. There's normally a bottle of cleaning fluid
supplied in the box.

Ahem. I once bought one of those, stuffed it into a working CD
player, and in no time produced a non-working CD player. The base of
the brush, where it attaches to the CD disk, is rather hard and stiff.
It hit the lens, mangled the springs, and killed the head assembly.
Not recommended.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D