Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Car CD player - anything I can clean besides the lens?

On Tue, 31 May 2016 12:51:28 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:
It seems to be 99% as I put equal ammounts of that and some Walmart 90%
in some open containers (about half a teaspoon) and kept checking on it.
The 90% still had something left in it after all the 99% was gone or
almost gone.

Got a proof and tralle hydrometer? Surely a well equipped kitchen
laboratory should have one[1]. If not, check for home moonshine
making kits online. They're calibrated in percent alcohol. You want
one that goes to 200 proof (100%) alcohol:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=proof+and+tralle+hydrometer
The following look good because of the expanded 70% to 100% range:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3pcs-Vinometer-Proof-and-Tralle-Hydrometer-Alcohol-meter-0-100-w-Hydrometer-/171952516675
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PROOF-AND-TRALLE-60-100-HYDROMETER-MEASURE-ALCOHOL-CONTENT-OF-DISTILLED-SPIRITS-/111409214376
http://www.banggood.com/3PCSSET-Alcohol-Meter-Hydrometer-Wine-Measuring-Instrument-Vinometer-Thermometer-p-1036683.html
Note that these are all calibrated at some specific temperature. Have
a thermometer handy and make sure you get the necessary temperature
conversion tables.

[1] Impress your friends and relatives by measuring the alcohol
concentration of their booze.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D