Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 4:30:29 PM UTC-4, Scott Lurndal wrote:
trader_4 writes:
For example, we can
apply Newton's Law to give the velocity of a ball shot up in the air.
At the peak, the equation give a value of Zero. To you and I, that's a
valid answer, it means the velocity is zero, the ball isn't moving, etc.

Whereas I would not say the ball has an absolute velocity of zero, since it's
still moving several hundred miles/hour along several vectors (daily rotation
around the earths axis, yearly rotation around the suns axis, longer-term
rotation around the center of the galaxy, et cetera, et alia).

If you're refering to relative velocity, then you need to give a referent.

Oh, please, stop with the nonsense. Apparently you never took high school
physics either. That type of question is a typical one found on physics
tests covering Newton's Laws. Cannon gets fired, ball goes up in the air,
object gets dropped. Calculate the velocity, the height, etc. It's on
the physics SATs. They don't preface the whole damn thing with a page of disclaimers about not including the motion of the earth, the universe,
realtivity considerations, etc. Did you go to school with Rafters?