Triffid

Default Prices of CD`s

Ken G. wrote:

Reading the `copy` threads .... I know some people want to copy this
stuff to sell but many want a copy to use for themselves .
Then the fact the price is high on this stuff because people try to copy
it & sales fall .

The cost of CD`s is way to high for the average Joe . If they would
lower the price of all this stuff then everyone could afford to buy more
of it and make the copys not worth making .

Average CD price around here is 16$ ...way to much .

I don't know where you live, but in Canada the government assumes we all
use blank digital media to make copies of copyrighted material, so they
charge us a 'levy' on all blank media and send the proceeds to the artists.

Canadians don't have to feel guilty about making copies, because we pay
for the right to make them when we buy our blank discs - in fact we
would be cheating ourselves if we used blanks to record original material.

I'm looking forward to the day this nonsense gets examined in a court of
law.