Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Y[_3_] Don Y[_3_] is offline

Default Indy 500 live and streaming

On 5/30/2016 9:50 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/30/2016 09:53 PM, Don Y wrote:

I have an associate who works with (street) "stock car" racing. Lots of
black
magic behind the scenes for those "original factory configuration"
vehicles!

Somehow the plans to keep racing affordable never make it too far. There was a

Because money buys performance! Eeking the last few percent out of
a vehicle/driver/team costs disproportionately more than "getting the
car to start" :

There's no way to "win" using any criteria other than who crosses the finish
line, first.

Imagine if the criteria we
- race completed with least amount of fuel
- race completed with least dollar investment
- race completed with least injuries
etc.

Hardly worth watching!

track that ran Legends among other classes but it shut down. I liked to watch
them because they looked like what people ran when I was a kid, the '30s and
'40s coupes and sedans. Good racing too since they were tightly controlled,
right down to the tires.

Don't kid yourself! There is a lot of wiggle room even with all those
"controls".