Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Car CD player - anything I can clean besides the lens?

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 31 May 2016 07:15:41 -0700 (PDT), curls
wrote:

I should probably buy some 99% alcohol for lens cleaning, but have
been getting away with using the 91% stuff without streaking.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=99%25+alcohol
Ugh... about $8/pint

Found some 99% on Amazon for $ 14.05 for 3 pint contaniers.

http://www.amazon.com/99-Isopropyl-Alcohol-Antiseptic-
Solution/dp/B00BWYNIDO?ie=UTF8&psc=1
&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Need to order other things to make up about $ 50 total for free
shipping. As my wife likes certain Yuban Gold coffee that is not in
the local stores any more, I ordered lots of that and the 99% for the
free shipping.

It seems to be 99% as I put equal ammounts of that and some Walmart 90%
in some open containers (about half a teaspoon) and kept checking on it.
The 90% still had something left in it after all the 99% was gone or
almost gone.