Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default WIN10EXIT: Don't upgrade if Samsung

On 31/05/16 14:58, TMack wrote:
Meanwhile, Samsung owners desperate to run Win 10 need to swap out
their Broadcom cards for something that is compatible.

1/. Who is that desperate? Most people I know are struggling to avoid it...

2/. How do you change the wifi card on an integrated laptop where built
in wifi is standard? And there are no 'card slots'

Very few laptops have the WiFi on the mainboard.
Most use a mini PCI card or similar.

I have swapped a few of them in the past to get faster WiFi.

Remove

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Atheros-AR5.../dp/B00DUQTBX8

and fit

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-7260-.../dp/B00N7474CS