Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 8:41:04 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:
Mark Lloyd formulated on Monday :
On 05/30/2016 03:50 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

[snip]

Power drop?

If there is such a thing in this context, which I doubt, it probably
requires current too.

There's power dissipated by the wire (mostly as heat). And that does require
current.

Yes, it sure does. I always heard of that as power *loss* or copper
*loss* though. Power Drop was a sort of tap which went from the pole to
the customer.

The term 'voltage drop' was only used in circuits with current flowing
through them. All of the deflections aside, I'm still not ready to
believe that a blown fuse has a voltage drop across it no matter what
these brainiacs say.

A blown fuse that's in a circuit has the full open circuit voltage
across it. Use a meter and see. It's one of the ways we find blown
fuses in a circuit.