Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 8:13:30 PM UTC-4, FromTheRafters wrote:

V = IR is the formula for voltage drop. Put in zero for I, any finite
resistance for R, you get V = 0. That tells you there is no voltage drop.

Of course there isn't, because there is no current. You can't have a
voltage drop when there is no current. Thanks for finally agreeing with
me.

--
Getting there was like pulling teeth though

You really are the village idiot. Having no voltage drop and a voltage
drop of zero are the same thing. The equation can't produce words, it
produces a value of ZERO. YOU claimed that value had no meaning. THAT
is what's BS. It has meaning, it means the voltage drop is zero.
As I said many posts ago, it's like having 3 apples and taking 3 away.
Subtraction yields a number of zero. There are zero apples. It has
meaning. I could also say there are no apples. Or in your example of
distance traveled a result of zero means the distance traveled is
zero. I could state that as the object has not moved. Capiche?
No, of course not.