Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On Mon, 30 May 2016 20:40:56 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

Mark Lloyd formulated on Monday :
On 05/30/2016 03:50 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

[snip]

Power drop?

If there is such a thing in this context, which I doubt, it probably
requires current too.

There's power dissipated by the wire (mostly as heat). And that does require
current.

Yes, it sure does. I always heard of that as power *loss* or copper
*loss* though. Power Drop was a sort of tap which went from the pole to
the customer.

The term 'voltage drop' was only used in circuits with current flowing
through them. All of the deflections aside, I'm still not ready to
believe that a blown fuse has a voltage drop across it no matter what
these brainiacs say.

It HAS tyo have, because with zero(or as close to zero as the real
world can produce) current flow in the conductors and an ipressed
voltage of 120, or whatever volts across the cirduit, the voltage HAS
to drop across something - in this case the "infinite" or "undrfined"
resistance across the blown fuse.

Simple physics.