Posted to alt.home.repair
Diesel Diesel is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

trader_4
Mon, 30
May 2016 15:09:06 GMT in alt.home.repair, wrote:

Resistor is a resistor man. And a heating element looks more like
a resistor that an intelligent widget that draws more amps.
Here's a though experiment. I take a 3500W heating element that
draws 14.6 A at 240V. Now I hook it up instead to a 24V source.
Does it draw 146 A?

No, it doesn't. It's about 1.5amps at 24 volts. 35.1 watts. My apologies
for the confusion on my end!

used:

ohms=voltage/amperage
240/14.6=16.4 (16.438)

watts=volts(x2)/ohms
24x24/16.4=35.1 (35.121)

amps=watts/volts
35.1/24=1.5 (1.4625)

--
MID:
zip file but then not be able to unzip it so I can watch it. That