Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

trader_4 was thinking very hard :
On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 5:22:14 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2016 16:50:22 -0400, FromTheRafters
wrote:

trader_4 explained on 5/30/2016 :
On Monday, May 30, 2016 at 4:19:08 PM UTC-4, Sam E wrote:
On 05/30/2016 06:13 AM, Al Gebra wrote:

[snip]

Voltage drop is represented by the formula E=I*R
Seems to me if the current flow is zero, then the voltage would be zero
as well.

IIRC, it's I squared R. Of course, it's still no voltage drop with no
current. Is it possible there's a confused poster here, who has R and
thinks it's E.

(I^2)R is the power drop. The voltage drop is IR

And no, it's not about a simple mistake, Diesel doesn't understand
Ohm's Law and electricity 101.

Power drop?

If there is such a thing in this context, which I doubt, it probably
requires current too.

Lost power in the circuit is a function of the voltage drop.

Yeah, here's the Rafters guy trying to explain electricity basics and algebra
to us, and he can't even grasp the idea of the power drop that corresponds
to the voltage drop.

Sorry to have to tell you this, but there can be no power without any
current either.