Posted to alt.home.repair
FromTheRafters FromTheRafters is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

hah has brought this to us :
On 05/30/2016 01:25 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

[snip]

Show me a definition of "voltage drop" that doesn't involve current
flowing in a circuit. I'll wait, but I haven't got forever so be quick
about it.

Normally, the voltage on a wire will be the same at all points regardless of
wire size or current flow. "Voltage drop" is what happens when the copper
atoms get tired of being so reasonable, and assert their need for "silly
time" (its their version of a "smoke break"). Since they can do this at any
time, it needs to be accounted for in electrical circuit design.

Finally, someone who knows what they're talking about. LOL