Posted to alt.home.repair
hah[_4_] hah[_4_] is offline

Default Wiring electric baseboard

On 05/30/2016 01:25 PM, FromTheRafters wrote:

[snip]

Show me a definition of "voltage drop" that doesn't involve current
flowing in a circuit. I'll wait, but I haven't got forever so be quick
about it.

Normally, the voltage on a wire will be the same at all points
regardless of wire size or current flow. "Voltage drop" is what happens
when the copper atoms get tired of being so reasonable, and assert their
need for "silly time" (its their version of a "smoke break"). Since they
can do this at any time, it needs to be accounted for in electrical
circuit design.